The Rec Tec Bull RT-700 grill has really brought innovation into the grilling industry so far it has been considered as one of the best pellet grills for the money. You no longer have to sit for long hours waiting for your meat to get properly smoked. It provides quality components and superior craftsmanship known by the Rec Tec grills brand.
Additionally, RT-700 has a lot of usability features that make grilling a wholly enjoyable experience. With its Wi-Fi technology, the user is able to control their grilling process from anywhere in the home.
As long as your iPhone is connected to the technology, you are guaranteed convenience and efficiency at the same time. Moreover, its temperature regulation system is one of the best in the industry too.
Those who are looking for simplicity and smoking efficiency will love everything about this grill. That is why we have taken out time to carefully study this innovative piece of technology.
At the end of this content, you can finally say goodbye to incompetence when grilling your favorite meals. Let’s brush up our knowledge of grills and the reasons why Rec Tec Bull RT-700 has a high claim as the best in the industry.
- 1 What Makes Rec Tec Bull RT-700 Unique from Other Grills?
- 2 Important components, materials, parts
- 3 How To Setup Rec Tec Bull Grill?
- 4 How To Prepare Rec Tec Bull RT-700 Pellet Grill For First Time Use
- 5 Note some precautions:
- 6 Best Meats to Smoke In Rec Tec Bull RT-700 Pellet Grills
- 7 Best Woodchips To Use In Rec Tec Bull RT-700 Pellet Grills
- 8 Frequently asked questions about the Rec Tec Bull RT-700 Grill
- 9 How to clean your Rec Tec Bull RT-700 grill after use?
What Makes Rec Tec Bull RT-700 Unique from Other Grills?
For starters, Rec Tec Bull is a technologically driven grilling unit. It comes with a smart technology that gives users ease and flexibility when grilling meals. The grill’s smart technology provides accurate readings and temperature adjustment.
While some other grills only have 3 to 4 adjustment degrees of accuracy, Rec Tec Bull RT-700 grill provides 5 different levels. This gives you more options when selecting the most ideal temperature level when grilling any type of meal.
The design of the grill is more sophisticated and more modern. The parts are very durable and can really stand the test of time. The rubber gourmets of the grill keep the grill stronger and prevent wire shafting
And if you are looking for more cooking options, you will love this grill. It allows users to smoke, sear, bake, and grill. You can easily select the type of cooking you want with easy buttons on the grill.
Again, while other grills provide 1-3 years warranty, Rec Tec Bull RT-700 provides an amazing 6 years product warranty. That shows the extreme level of confidence the manufacturer has on the quality of the product.
Another feature that this grill as you may not see in several others is the automatic shutdown feature. This helps users easily control the cooking time and temperature of their meals. And to top it off, their customer support is simply amazing.
Overall, Rec Tec Bull model is truly an improved version of the previous impressive Rec Tec RT-680 model. What else could you ask for in a grill?
Important components, materials, parts
Rec Tec Bull RT-700 has an enviable list of features and components any experienced griller will be proud of. First, it comes with Smart Wi-Fi technology that helps you easily connect your wireless device to the grill using an app.
The Bull RT-700 is 2.5 inches taller than its sister model, the RT-680. Its 40-pound hopper capacity is solid enough to provide enough cooking space and time. The drip pan, heat deflector, fire pot, towel ring, and cooking grate are all made with stainless steel. This makes it one of the most durable pellet grills in the market.
The modular design of Rec Tec Bull makes it easy to replace individual components. You will also love its rollable-style wheel for the sake of convenience.
With this feature, you can easily monitor the cooking progress without the need to stay around the grill. The dual meat probe gives you control over different cooking methods using the same best smoker for food you have.
You will also love the stainless steel design that is polished for rust resistance. Other extra features include a controller shelf, durable towel ring, lid handles, and rollerblade wheels for easy transport.
With 702 square inches of cooking area, you will have enough space to cook any size of meal you want.
Again, the ceramics ignition system makes it easier to start the grill. Bull RT-700 comes with an integrated smoke tray, a heat deflector, integrated heat vents, probe porthole, as well as 2 grill grates for efficient grilling task.
Below are materials you will find inside when unpacking the grill
- One RECTEC Bull RT-700 body
- One smokestack
- One big pull bar handle
- Two bull ball handles
- One bottom shelf
- Two heeled legs
- Two caster wheel legs
- One hardware packet
- 2 temperature probes
- One dip bucket
- Two cooking grates
- One drip pan
- One flame deflector
- One controller/side shelf
How To Setup Rec Tec Bull Grill?
Bull RT-700 grill is certainly one of the easiest grills to setup. This is because of the usability design and the simple manual that comes with the grill. Below is a simple setup process of the grill.
Step one – unpack the grill and remove all other components from the box. Take out all the items from the box and place the body of the grill on its back. Flat out the cardboard box to keep the grill and all items from the box. Flattening out the cardboard also provides enough assembling area.
Step two – fasten the legs to the wheels with nuts, flat washers, and bolts. These components are also included in the device hardware package.
Step three – fasten the bottom shelf between the legs of the grill using nuts, lock washers, flat ashes, and 4 bolts. Then hook the side shelf to the body of the grill. Remember to pass the bolt through the grill body and its controller before tightening with nuts and washer.
Once you are through with the assembly above, then your new Rec Tec Bull RT-700 pellet grill is set for use.
How To Prepare Rec Tec Bull RT-700 Pellet Grill For First Time Use
After assembling the Rec Tec Bull grill, the next step if to get it ready for use. The following steps should be taken to fully prepare your grill for the first time use.
- Open the grill’s main cover and take out the flame deflector, drip pan, and cooking grate. Ensure that you have taken out all packing material. Open the hopper lid and check if you will see any foreign object.
- Connect the grill to a working 110V outlet (AC GFCI). If there is no GFCI outlet in your home, you can have one installed by an electrician.
- As the auger tube primes itself, add about ½ cup of pellets into the fire pot. Then add pellets in the hopper.
- Use a mild soap to wash the cooking grate. Then return back the cooking grate, drip pan, flame deflector before closing the lid.
- Press the power button to start up the grill and turn on the control knob to set the temperature to 400 degrees In a few minutes time, the grill should start with smoke coming out.
- After the grill has reached the desired temperature you have set, let it run for about an hour. As the grill heats, any residue that has accumulated during the manufacturing and transportation process will be evacuated. Then your drill is set for use.
Note some precautions:
The 1-hour preheating process before first-time use is very important. This will make sure the grill has accustomed to the temperature setting before you introduce your food. Skipping this process will affect the subsequent performance of the grill.
It will take more time to bring the meat or food to your desired temperature once this process is missed. So allowing your grill to preheat properly is the right thing to do if you want the grill to perform at its best.
Do not try to turn off the grill by unplugging it from the outlet. Follow the shutdown process provided in the manual to turn off the grill the right way after each use.
Do not allow pellets to stick on the hopper. Remove any debris and keep that section clean when using the grill.
Avoid using plastic utensils to turn the meats. Instead, use spatulas and long handheld tongs for this purpose.
Best Meats to Smoke In Rec Tec Bull RT-700 Pellet Grills
The Rec Tec Bull RT-700 pellet grill makes it easy to smoke different types of meats. But what types of meats can you enjoy best when they are smoked with this grill?
Beef Brisket: Obviously, most Bull RT-700 pellet owners will tell you that smoking briskets on a pellet smoker are one of the best uses of this grill. Beef briskets have healthy fat layer and ample marbling, which makes them perfect for grills.
They are very tender and may be hard to smoke with a charcoal smoker. But with Rec Tec Bull best pellet smoker that effectively controls temperature settings, you ill do a great job.
Pork shoulder: They have a great ratio or lean meat to fat. They receive a steady and moderate level of temperature, which makes them great on Rec Tec Bull RT-700 grill.
The different types of ribs (spare ribs, beef back, short ribs, country style, and baby back) will smoke well on Rec Tec Bull RT-700 griller. They are staple for most BBQ lovers and perfect on grills like Rec Tec Bull RT-700.
Because Turkey is mild and soft, it requires a lower temperature and slow cooking process. Fortunately, the Bull RT-700 griller is designed specifically for meats like this. With the temperature regulating mechanism, you can turn down the heat levels and get your desired smoked meat.
Best Woodchips To Use In Rec Tec Bull RT-700 Pellet Grills
There are different types of pellets used for grilling and smoking meat. They have different flavors too. Below are some of the best woodchips you can use when smoking meats with Rec Tec Bull RT-700 grills.
This is one of the most common types of woodchips used by seasoned grillers. The chips provide a good aroma and can be combined with other types of wood chips to have a rich blend of flavor. They are perfect with ribs and chicken.
Alder has a sweet aroma. They are great for tender meat like turkey, chicken, and seafood. A lot of Rec Tec Bull RT-700 owners use alder as their woodchip simply because of the light flavor it adds to the food.
These have similar flavor with the Hickory woodchips. But they are sweet and more subtle. You can do a great job by smoking beef, pork, and poultry with this wood.
Mesquite provides one of the thickest smoking flavors of all types of woodchips. They are used preferably for stronger meats and larger meat cuts. They are great on Bull RT-700 pellet grills.
If you would rather prefer something in-between (moderately thick flavor) when smoking meat, Maple woodchips will work great for you. It can be used with cheese, pork, game birds, as well as poultry.
Frequently asked questions about the Rec Tec Bull RT-700 Grill
To understand the functionality of the Rec Tec Bull RT-700 RT-700 grill, this section will provide answers to some of the most frequently asked questions for the grill.
How to clean your Rec Tec Bull RT-700 grill after use?
To be able to preserve the life of your Bull RT-700 grill, it needs proper cleaning and maintenance. These easy to follow steps will guide you through the process.
- Ensure you clean the fire pot once after every 3 to 5 cooks. This will provide regular air flow during the cooking process.
- After each use, make use of a grill brush to wipe off all debris from the cooking surface. It will help keep the grill rust-free.
- Use an aluminum foil to protect the drip tray. And make sure you change the foil frequently.
- After completing a slow cook that may have accumulated grease on the foil, you need to replace it before using it to cook at high temperatures.
- Remove ash from the hopper, fire pot, and the grill’s interior after using about 5 bags of pellets. But it should not be done when the grill is still hot. Allow it to cool for some hours before removing any debris or ash.
- Make sure to use mild soap when cleaning. It maintains the surface of the grill and prevents it from scratches. Do not keep the pellets in the rain or allow them to get wet. A wet pellet might jam the auger when they are used.
Troubleshooting Rec Tec Bull RT-700 grills
There may be some issues you may face when using your grill. The following are ways to deal with the most common problems users have faced when grilling with REC TEC BULL RT-700 grill.
Excessive smoke coming from the grill
If your REC TEC Bull grill is bringing out excessive smoke, the problem could be the blower fan, excessive ash, or poor quality pellet. Inspect the pellets and make sure they are completely dry. You can replace them with dry pellets. Inspect the burn pot and clean the ash. If the problem still continues, unplug the grill and manually spin the fan for a few minutes before placing it back.
Find out if there are any ash accumulations or any other type of obstruction within the grill.
The grill does not turn on
There are several reasons for this problem:
- If the grill does not turn on, ensure that the power is correctly plugged in the GFCE outlet. Check to see if there is any blown fuse and replace immediately.
- Check and remove any obstruction in the hopper and replace the pellets. If you are still having the issue, it means your auger motor needs to be replaced.
- Another cause could be the auger motor. To solve this problem, remove the drip pan, flame deflector, as well as the cooking grate and inspect the auger.
Your grill will not start if there’s a problem with the ignitor. You can try removing the drip pan, flame deflector, and cooking grates. Then examine the fire pot for about 10 minutes. If the grill is still not turning on while the blower fan is working perfectly and the pellets are feeding, you may need to replace the ignitor.
If the problem still exists after trying all these, you can reach out to their customer service for assistance.